• How to complete a proper and comprehensive intake
• The importance of obtaining all relevant insurance information
• The key to collecting and confirming facts of case, location, and photos
• How to find additional torts within the facts (i.e. workers’ compensation, products liability, etc)
• Importance of the medical treatment plan and scheduling appointments
• Complete Investigation
• Argue liability with adjuster.
• Establish Liability
• Complete property damage – any personal property is resolved
• Schedule Appraisal and Obtain Appraisal
• Complete total loss paperwork
• Make sure values are correct
• Request final Records and Bills
• Review Records and Bills, Update Value Tab and Medical Summary
• Update demand section of your case management system for complete medical information
• Request perms, scar pics, surgical cost letters
• Send medical bills out to Medpay – open medpay and follow up on payments
• Review liens, dispute charges
• Confirm Balances
• Review Mail
• File transfer or referred cases
• Drop cases
• Send defendant Letter of Representation
• Obtain Photos, Scene Information, Work on Investigation with Client and Attorney
• Prepare POE
• Prepare presentment letters or petition if necessary
• Schedule Recorded Statement, EUO if Necessary
• Complete Conflict Waivers
• Obtain Defendant Information from Secretary of State or Tax Assessor (LA- with direction)
• Obtain building inspector reports (LA-with direction)
• Schedule 1st appointment, confirm client shows up
• 30D, Make sure to build clients medical case, MRI referrals, Ortho’s, Neuro’s etc.
• Request initial records
• Update Medical Summary
• Request LOW
• IME Information
• Review Liens
• Update Demand Tab re MRI status
• If we receive a F/T prepare to send out
• Mail any contact letters, IME reminders, forbearance letters etc.
• Confirm all medicals are accurate using case notes and health insurance liens.
• Dispute any unrelated lien charges
• Send out confirmation of balance via portals or emails
• Make sure the lien is within 60 days
• Confirm Balances
• Obtain Reductions
• Obtain Conditional And Final Medicare Lien
• Request final liens must be within 30 days or we will have to request another before we disburse
• Draft Settlement Sheets
Anaceliz Alamo is an accomplished professional with over 20 years of experience and a strong background in developing legal professionals specifically in the personal injury field.
Ana has worked as a personal injury paralegal, a team lead, and a division manager for a personal injury law firm, Rob Levine & Associates.
Contact Us to Find Out More
Fill in the contact information below and someone from our office will contact you to provide you with additional information regarding our legal training programs.